My photo
Appointments in Danielson and N Stonington CT, and via Skype, FaceTime and telephone - 1/2 hour session $30.00 US.

Avoiding the Flu Naturally...

Some of us will choose to be vaccinated and some of us will choose not to be. Either way is okay as long as we are all free to make the choice that makes us most happy and secure. In addition, I always choose to support my body’s own defenses to keep me safe and healthy. It has worked well for the past 35 years, so I am moving my own fears aside and continuing down the path I trust most.

Most importantly, whatever you choose for your body becomes your responsibility. No one will be responsible for any choice you make except you. I have learned to follow my heart’s desires. I trust the choices that “feel" true to me. It is important that your choices do the same for you.

What makes me most happy is practicing detaching from the fear, drama and chaos that surrounds us. It takes time and patience and I have come to realize that I have ample amounts of both. I try to use them wisely.

I use my gift of kinesiology to ask my divine self how I can keep my family safe and healthy in these times of fear. The answers to my questions are below. Feel free to use what feels good for you and leave the rest. Please understand that I am not advocating for anyone to do anything, I am simply sharing my own thoughts. What you choose is up to you and in order to work must “feel” safe for you at many levels.

WINTER FOODS FOR THE COLD AND DARK DAYS:

We know how important sunlight is for vitamin D. There are other important nutrients necessary to help our body maintain health during the cold, dark winter months. So our food choices during this time are extremely important.

There are certain vegetables that grow better in the cold months than others. These are the foods that will nourish our bodies at this time of year, one of which are the root vegetables. The root vegetables energetically connect us to the soil of the Earth during days of ice and snow. These vegetables include: beets, turnips, yams (not sweet potatoes), daikon, burdock, carrots, rutabagas, parsnips, onions, leeks, scallions and garlic.

In addition, the cold crop leafy green vegetables energetically connect us to the sky above. These vegetables include dandelion greens, beet greens, Swiss chard, romaine lettuce, broccoli rabe, arugula, baby greens, spinach, kale, mustard greens, parsley, and chives,

Organic is preferable to conventional when possible. Simply eating one root vegetable and one leafy green a day helps to enhance our immune systems.

SUPPLEMENTS TO HELP ENHANCE OUR IMMUNITY:

Herbs and vitamins play a role in keeping us healthy as well. The following program tests out best for those of us 10 years and older.

Astragulus is an immune boosting herb that I will take twice a day during the months of November, December and January. Tincture seems to test out best as it is more easily absorbed through the mucus membranes.

Vitamin C 1000 with bio-flavonoids also helps to spark our immune systems and one a day seems sufficient.

I invest wisely by purchasing products that I know use quality ingredients. If I want my herbs and vitamins to do what is expected of them, I have to make sure their ingredients are active.

A Vitamin D supplement never hurts when the sun does not want to cooperate in the dark of winter. So my program will include either a good multi vitamin with Vitamin D 400 added or I will add Vitamin D 400 separately. Either way should work. And I will remember to enjoy those sunny winter days that beckon me to play out of doors.

More importantly than anything else, I will avoid judgments, anger and fear toward those around me who are ill and instead treat them with love and compassion. In my experiences, it is through love and compassion that my immune system is most happy with me.

6 comments:

Jane LaFleche said...

Most excellent!

I'm onboard!

Anonymous said...

What about those 10 and under?

How does Emergen-C test out for a vitamin c supplement? I drink one packet mixed with water each day, and it is 1000 mg.

Carrie L. Quinley said...

Heading into winter with love, compassion, empathy, humble and good advice from Linda!

Linda Wojcik, Nutritional Kinesiologist, Spiritual Intuitive, Flower Practitioner said...

The question to how about 10 and under? I wondered if anyone would ask. Yes, I have tested for the younger ones. Remember, I am not recommending this for anyone, only sharing... If I had a little one ten or under this is what I would do: I would follow all the advise for sunlight as well as food choices. Supplements would be a little different however.

It seem 1 drop a day of Milk Thistle tincture helps to keep their detox organs clean and working properly. Add to that a vitamin C 250 with bioflavonoids to help boost the immune system.

GMC said...

Any particular brand of herbal tinctures and vitamins that you recommend?

Linda Wojcik, Nutritional Kinesiologist, Spiritual Intuitive, Flower Practitioner said...

There are a number of brands that I have worked and tested out to be very good quality. Please know however that this is a limited list and I am sure there are many more out there worth purchasing.

On the same note, there are many out there not worth purchasing if you truly want to get desired results.

Some of my favorites are that I recommend over and over again are:
Natures Plus, Rainbow Light, Herb Pharm, Gaia Herbs, Natures Herbs, Natures Way, Twinlab, Country Life.