- Don't drink too much water. It puts a strain on the bladder.
- Don't drink too little water. It sets us up for dehydration problems.
Now that we have an amount in play, did you know there were correct ways to drink the water?
- Don't sip water all day long. It does not help to rehydrate the system and puts stress on the bladder. Sipping water all day long is equivalent to eating a snack all day long. Neither is healthy. Drink a cup of water upon awakening to rehydrate the system.
- Don't drink water with your meals. Instead, drink a cup of water before each meal. It will help to give you a full feeling which in turn could decrease the amount of food consumed at each meal. And that's usually not a bad thing!
- Avoid water that is too hot or too cold. It puts additional stress on the body. Drink water that is just right - slightly cool to the taste or room temperature works just fine.